24.10.11

resignation


if you have the patience to read my past blog posts, perhaps you know what blue feather society is and that i am the chancellor of the prestigious honor society in BU. things change now because i choose what i think i should do and what i think is right.

Supposedly, i will post this after being signed and approved by Dr. Lauraya but due to the usual process in the bureaucracy (i think), the president has yet to sign my resignation letter. Considering that it will be almost a month now after i formally submitted the letter, it would be good that everyone would know.

I hope you'll find time in reading my resignation letter, as to give light on why i choose to resign irrevocably. It is a pleasure working with you as your former chancellor and rest assured that i will always be in support for the officers and its society. Good day!


****************************************************************************
THE ORDER OF THE BICOL UNIVERSITY ORDER OF THE BLUE FEATHER SOCIETY
The Official Honor Society of Bicol University
Daraga, Albay


05 September 2011


Dr. FAY LEA PATRIA MATA – LAURAYA
Adviser, The Order of the Bicol University Blue Feather Society
SUC President IV, Bicol University


                            Through: Dr. BABY BOY BENJAMIN D. NEBRES III 
                                           Asst. Adviser, The Order of the BU Blue Feather Society
                                           University Scholarship, Financial and Grants-in-Aid Officer



Dear Dr. LAURAYA:

Greetings of Peace and Prosperity!

It is on March 2011 that the first cornerstone of the first honor society in Bicol University was laid on the ground through the First Scholars’ Assembly organized by the Office of Student Services through Dr. Baby Boy Benjamin Nebres III, gathering the top students of the different academic units of the university to select the would be interim officers of The Order of the Bicol University Blue Feather Society, the first honor society in the university and perhaps in the entire Bicol Region.  With pride and honor, I accepted the challenge to become the first president of the Society with the first mission of establishing a strong foundation for the Society as I am proud that together with my fellow interim officers, we have achieved what was expected of us through framing the Constitution and By-Laws of the Society.

After four months, the Second Scholars’ Assembly was called to adopt the Constitution and By-Laws prepared by the interim officers and to elect full pledged officers who shall lead the organization in forming its identity and attaining its vision of promoting excellence in scholarship, leadership, character and service in the entire university. Again, with pride and honor, I accepted the challenge to become the first-ever Chancellor of the Society.

Since my election to the office, I have yet to prove my worth and my capability in leading this prestigious organization to greater heights and making the BUeños proud and aware of its existence. Sadly and truthfully, I must accept the fact that I am failing myself, the Society’s members and I am failing the Society as a whole. It is as if it was caught on a standstill with just papers and officers to prove its existence, nothing more, nothing less. I must accept the fact that while I am proving myself in my department and the college as the president of the Human Welfare Advocates in BUCSSP, I am failing in the university as the chancellor of the Society.  Perhaps in simpler term, I must admit my incompetence as the chancellor of the Society.

In this regard, I am submitting my irrevocable resignation as the chancellor of The Order of the Bicol University Blue Feather Society: The Official Honor Society in Bicol University effective immediately due to the following reasons, to wit:
  1. Incompetence to perform the duties expected of me as indicated above;
  2. Conflict with some of the values that the Society wish to impart;
  3. Desire to focus more on my studies and my extra-curricular commitments to my college and department; and
  4. Personal reasons related to family which I do not wish to disclose.

Moreover, I would like to extend my appreciation to Dr. Baby Boy Benjamin D. Nebres III, the Society assistant adviser who unselfishly offered his time, ideas and efforts in organizing and guiding the Society, to the officers and members of the Order of the Bicol University Order of the Blue Feather Society who placed their trust to me since the First Scholars’ Assembly up to this day. I would also like to wish Mark Evan Aniel, the Society Vice-Chancellor for Internal Affairs, my constitutional and rightful successor all the best and that he may be able to fulfill the duties and responsibilities that I failed to meet and so as with all the officers of the Society. Rest assured that I will be supporting the Society one hundred percent in attaining its vision, mission and the purpose why it was founded.

Furthermore, before I end this resignation letter, I wish to convey three recommendations to the officers and to the administration as well on how the Society can be improved:
  1. First, given the special nature of the organization as the official honor society of the university, it shall be accorded the same privileges given to the University Student Council as the Official Student Organization and Council of the whole of the university, The Bicol Universitarian as the Official University Publication and should not be simply regarded as just another university based organization left to stand on its own. Unlike other UBOs who get support outside the university, the Society must be supported by the university itself considering that the Society speaks of the best of Bicol University. For instance, financially, without the aid of the university, the Society can do less to become financially viable to create programs and projects especially that its members are academic scholars who perhaps worked hard for them to pay less tuition fee;
  2. Second, political patronage must not be promoted in the Society by not allowing the nominations and eventual granting of honorary, emeritus and distinguished membership to politicians as a way to secure funds or funding. By doing so, the Society is sending the wrong message to the good breed of future leaders that Bicol University wish to produce; and,
  3. Create and organize programs, with the aid of the University Administration who can encourage more BUeños to aspire to become a member of the Society and to do all things necessary to discourage the division that the Society could promote given that its members are branded as the crème de la crème of the university.

Again, my utmost gratitude and appreciation for this opportunity and my fervent wish for the Society’s success under a new leadership.

I am hoping for your favorable response regarding this matter and God bless!


Sincerely yours,


(SGD) RUSS DANIEL O. BALDOZA
Chancellor, The Order of the Bicol University Blue Feather Society


Recommending Approval:


(SGD) Dr. BABY BOY BENJAMIN D. NEBRES III
Assistant Adviser, The Order of the Bicol University Blue Feather Society
University Scholarship, Financial and Grants-in-Aid Officer


Approved:


Dr. FAY LEA PATRIA MATA – LAURAYA
Adviser, The Order of the Bicol University Blue Feather Society
SUC President IV, Bicol University



***i originally posted this in the facebook group page of BFS and there are some who leave their comments and some did...

while a member from BUPC chose to write on my wall... 
and these people make resignations regrettable. i owe them some appreciation but i must stand by my decision. ADIOS BLUE FEATHERS! i started with a happy heart and i leave with a heavy heart but with a smiling face looking in the future. wish them all the luck!

0 comments: