12.7.13

#Save651


I must admit that during the first time i heard about the project of DPWH about transforming the current two-lane maharlika highway to a four-lane highway, my ears clapped and my heart was filled with joy. Come to think of it, widened highways aside from booming infrastructure are somehow indicators of progress. But when things started sinking into me, i started feeling ambivalent towards it because of the immaterial and irreparable costs that it would give cause to the Nagueños.

After thinking things out, i decided that my conscience will haunt me if i say to the world that i would want things like this to happen. Besides, i really do not like the idea of cutting trees (i remember i once wrote an article about the cutting of trees in BU to paved way for the construction of the gate that is still closed up to now despite being completed some three years ago). Moreso, 651 good old tress will be cut and it's very much, too much. I just don't know but i find it not worth it to cut the trees just to have widened roads if there are alternatives. Alternatives that are not far from reality.

So to sum things up, i am one with the people of the city in saying #Save651.

PS. I am not against the project, i am against the cutting of trees. :)

photo courtesy of #Save651 FB page.

0 comments: